What a journey the last year has been since we closed the doors at our old Pinstone Street site to now being only a matter of days away from opening our new Ecclesall Road home. So here’s everything you need to know;
- From Wednesday we’ll be serving food between 8.30am and 7.30pm Wednesday to Saturday (opening at 10am Saturday) available to eat in or take away. These hours will change in May when we’re able to open inside.
- The food is going to be amazing! Check out our take on an Eton mess combining beautiful poached Yorkshire rhubarb, a rhubarb jelly, French meringue, whipped cream and a rhubarb sorbet that’s going to be available for just £5 when you eat in. For the full launch menu check out https://www.blendkitchen.co.uk/menus/
- For the first month we want to make sure anyone eating at Blend Kitchen have an incredible experience and our team are able to be fully in control of what’s going on. As such, you’ll only be able to book an al fresco table by emailing us at [email protected]
- The team are ready. There’s been an incredible buzz round Blend Kitchen this week and we’re all so excited to be able to welcome you from this Wednesday. After over 2 months of intensive training, we have an incredible team ready to provide you with an amazing experience when you visit us.
- Fancy a takeaway lunch? Visit the menu page of our website at [email protected] before 10am to enjoy a delicious take away lunch.
- As a thank you for your ongoing backing of Blend Kitchen, we are delighted to announce we will give you and up to 3 friends a 10% discount when you eat with us!
- Don’t forget that we’re right by the old Wards brewery arch at the bottom of Ecclesall Road. There’s lots of parking round us, so no excuse not to visit.
In other news. This week we’ve had some incredible support from local business Pagets whose incredible generosity has meant we’ve saved nearly £1000 on transforming our outdoor space into a beautiful kitchen garden. Here they are unloading the first of 17 tons of soil.
I’ve met with a culinary legend, chef Tom Aiken’s (the youngest UK chef to ever win 2 Michelin stars). More on the story of how Tom has helped us in the coming weeks.
Justin (Blend Kitchen GM), Grace (Front of house manager) and Lauren (Office manager) continue to move mountains with tasks ranging from dealing with incompetent BT customer service operators to coordinating staff rotas to updating our staff handbook and contracts of employment. A massive thank you to you all for the incredible people you are and the way you go above and beyond what’s asked of you without moaning once.
We look forward to seeing you soon,